"My work is broadly about states of mind"
"I am interested in the slightly out of reach, the maybe and the perhaps... providing glimpses and creating possibilities that invite the viewer to join the dots –– I like to adopt a playful and flexible approach in my practice but the vocabulary and intent remain constant – an attempt to reveal what I see and sense around me and the beauty and absurdity of our plight... reflections on the moth eaten tapestry of life!"
- 1960 Born Edinburgh
- 1978–81 University of Edinburgh, Social Anthropology
- 1989–91 Kingston Polytechnic, CQSW (Social Work)
- 1995–97 Goldsmiths, University of London, Psychodynamic Counselling Diploma
- 1999–2000 Chelsea College of Art, P/T foundation
- 2000–2002 University of Brighton, MA Fine Art
PRIZES AND AWARDS
- 2014 Tribe Art Prize at Edgar Modern Gallery in Bath.
PAST solo EXHIBITIONs
- 2015 Inside Outside, Edgar Modern Gallery, Bath
- 2012 New Ears: Elements and Versions, 3 Bury Street, London
- 2010 Several Hornpipes, 3 Bury Street, London
- 2008 From the Life of a Hare, 3 Bury Street, London
- 2017 All Square at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2016 Figure — A Cast of Characters, Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2015 Winter Show at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2014 The Radev Collection
- Paintings are held in private collections in Ireland, South Africa, USA and UK
- Paintings in Hospitals (national collection) UK and the ESB (Irish electricity board) collection.