Rich, intense and intriguing, Kevin Hendley's figures stop you in your tracks. Often based on characters the artist sees in the street there is an intrigue in his work that, combined with great technique, brings a very contemporary feel to his “old masters”.
Kevin Hendley was born 1961 in Sheffield, son of a miner and came to painting after 10 years as a Master Butcher. He achieved a degree in Fine Art at St Martin’s College of Art In London. In 1993 after being spotted at his end of year show he was given the post of artist in residence at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
For several years Kevin was able to paint the day-to-day activities in the opera house: performances, shows, even following Pavarotti from rehearsal to the final operatic production. These classics were put on the front of the Royal Opera House brochures and he was given an exhibition of the work he had produced over the years.
- BA in Fine Art, St Martin's College of Art London
- Winter 2017 at Cameron Contemporary Art
- The Colour of Summer 2107 at Cameron Contemporary Art
- Festival at Cameron Contemporary Art 2017
- Affordable Art Fair Hampstead, 2017 with Cameron Contemporary Art
- Affordable Art Fair Battersea, 2017 with Cameron Contemporary Art
- Winter Show 2015 Cameron Contemporary Art
- Figure, A Cast of Characters 2016 at Cameron Contemporary Art, Hove
- Affordable Art Fair Bristol, 2016 with Cameron Contemporary Art
- The Colour of Summer, 2016 at Cameron Contemporary Art
- Festival 2016 at Cameron Contemporary Art
- Affordable Art Fair Hampstead, 2016 with Cameron Contemporary Art
- Affordable Art Fair Battersea, 2016 with Cameron Contemporary Art
- Winter Show 2015 at Cameron Contemporary Art
- Smelik & Stokking, The Netherlands
- Williams Gallery, Portobello Road
- Numerous collections in the UK and The Netherlands