Lilia Umana Clarke
lilia umana clarke
A great source of Lilia's inspiration comes from the ceramics of early South American civilizations and their symbolic use of human and animal imagery.
Lilia Umaña-Clarke was born in Colombia where she trained as an architect before moving to England in 1979 to gain her BA in Fine Art at the University of Hertfordshire.
She explores ideas about relationships and states of mind, combining geometric abstraction with more expressive sculpture.
Specialising in stoneware ceramics, Lilia's unique textures are achieved using her signature combination of dry glazes and oxides. All her pieces are suitable for indoor and outdoor display.
- 1982–1985 BA (Hons) Fine Art University of Hertfordshire
- 1989 Studied Ceramics at Kingsway College, London
- 2013–Present, Affordable Art Fairs Battersea, Hampstead and Bristol with Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2013–Present, gallery exhibitions with Cameron Contemporary Art
- Exhibited widely in numerous British galleries
- Private collections worldwide