Luella's work explores landscapes and skylines, usually in the Sussex countryside and coastal areas using the mediums of solar etching and oil painting. These images come from observing and visiting the same places many times.
The solar etchings are all hand-made limited editions printed by the artist.
Solar etching differs from traditional etching in that the plate is made using sunlight (or UV lamp) and tap water, making it a non-toxic process which avoids hazardous chemicals. The plate is then inked up "intaglio" and printed by hand in exactly the same way as a traditional etching, using an etching press.
Luella's etchings are often printed over the edge of the paper with no border and sometimes ink is brushed or rolled on to the plate or the paper is painted before printing.
- Studied at Hornsey & Byam Shaw Colleges Of Art
- Post-graduate Studies at Goldsmiths College, London
- Lectured part time in London and Sussex before traveling extensively in Europe and living in Australia for 12 years.
- 1997, Returned to England and works full-time in her studio on the south coast
- 2017 Winter Show at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2017 All Square at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2017 Festival at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2017 Affordable Art Fair Hampstead with Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2017 Affordable Art Fair Battersea with Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2017 Edition at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2016 Winter Show at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2016 Affordable Art Fair Bristol with Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2016 Affordable Art Fair Hampstead with Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2016 Edition at Cameron Contemporary Art
- 2015 Awagami International Miniature Print Exhibition (AIMPE)
- 2015 Affordable Art Fair Battersea (with Bip-Art)
- 2015 Chalk At The Towner - group show at the Towner Gallery, Eastbourne Oct
- 2015 Coach House Gallery, Alfriston - Group Show May - Aug
- 2014 Affordable Art Fair Battersea (with Bip-Art)
- 2014 Mixed Summer Exhibition 80 The Gallery, Richmond
- 2013 Affordable Art Fair, Battersea(with Bip-Art)
- 2013 Brighton Art Fair
- 2013 Palace Art Fair (With Webbs Road Fine Art)
- 2012 - 2013 Mixed Christmas show Portland The Gallery
- 2012 McAllister Thomas Fine Art mixed Christmas show
- 2012 Affordable Art Fair, Battersea (with Bip-art)
- 2012 Still life exhibition Portland The Gallery Richmond
- 2012 Pelham House, Lewes April /May
- 2011 - 2012 McAllister Thomas Fine Art, group show of small paintings Dec–Jan
- 2011 Affordable Art Fair, Battersea (with Bip-art)
- 2011 Brighton Art Fair
- 2011 Enid Lawson Gallery